USCIS Announces Launch of E-Verify Modernization
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced the launch of a modernized E-Verify system. The improvements to the system were designed to reduce errors and increase the speed and accuracy of the E-Verify process.
System updates include:
- Expanded help text and visuals
- Real-time feedback on errors
- Streamlined case creation and case closure processes
- Improved photo-matching features
In addition to updates to the system, there will also be changes to the E-Verify process:
- The DHS and SSA Tentative Nonconfirmations (TNCs) will be combined, and employees will now have 10 federal government workdays to address both issues at the same time. Previously, the TNCs were processed separately and employees had 8 federal government workdays to address each TNC.
- Employers must now enter a reason why an employee continues to work for the employer after receiving a Final Nonconfirmation.
Contact your Gibney representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details regarding this announcement, or for information concerning the use of E-Verify or other immigration-related onboarding processes.